Current course announcements
Energy and power system modeling in GAMS
October 22-25, 2019 – Vienna, Austria
Learn how to model in GAMS in a structured way, followed by state-of-the art energy and power system modeling!
- Best practices from seasoned experts
- Comprehensive and hands-on four-day course
- Build your model from scratch in a step by step approach through several examples
- No prior knowledge of GAMS required
This course is for you if you want to…
- get familiar with the GAMS language and modeling system
- learn how to implement optimization problems in GAMS
- learn about state-of-the art methods in energy and power system optimization using GAMS
What you get
- Four interactive days filled with content by the experts: presentations, examples, exercises
- USB-drive with all presentations, example code, solutions to the exercises, and…
- …the latest GAMS system with many solvers: unlimited-size license valid for several weeks after the course
- A printed copy of the course material
- Daily 3-course business lunches and tea/coffee breaks with snacks & beverages
- A certificate upon completion of the course
- Get the package:
two days general modeling and optimization in GAMS plus two days tailored energy and power systems optimization
- Book each of the two-day modules individually
- 30% student/postdoc discount – email us w/proof of status at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For payment by invoice write us at email@example.com
- Schedule: each day starts at 9 am (9:30 am on the first day) and finishes by 6 pm (around 5 pm on the last day).
- See below for an overview of the agenda. It will be flexibly adapted depending on the participants’ needs and interests.
- This is an interactive course – you need to bring your laptops. They need to run Windows® for the GAMS IDE. Make sure that you have GAMS installed or have administration rights to install it at the course.
- The venue is within comfortable walking distance from the historic Vienna city centre. Should the hotel be booked out, there are numerous accommodation alternatives close by as well.
Past course reviews
- “I’d like to thank you for the training course, also on behalf of the project team. It made a lasting and good impression on all of us. I am convinced that the information we got leaves us well positioned for the further course of our project.”
- “I learnt GAMS for the first time in my life and it is a very powerful tool. Prof Thomas and Prof Alireza were really good in explaining and addressing the doubts. I am really thankful to them for the course.”
- “Very Nice – Looking for future workshops.”
Day 1: 9:30 am to approx. 6:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am to approx. 6:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am to approx. 6:00 pm
Day 4: 9:00 am to approx. 5:00 pm
Agenda – days 1 and 2
Agenda – days 3 and 4
The venue is within comfortable walking distance from the historic Vienna city centre. Should the hotel be booked out, there are numerous accomodation alternatives close by as well.
Please check out the course announcement on Eventbrite for registration options:
For all courses:
- Get 10% off when 2+ tickets are purchased in one order!
- The fees are subject to additional 20% Austrian tax (Umsatzsteuer).
- Email us for a 30% academic discount for students and postdocs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- Change and cancellation policy: (a) Change of name / participant: anytime, no fee. (b) Refunds for cancellation by participants for any reason incur a fee of (i) 10% of invoice amount if cancelled more than 30 days before the course, (ii) 50% of invoice amount if cancelled until 10 days before the course. No refunds if cancelled less than 10 days before the course. (c) In the event of force majeure, including but not limited to sudden illness, Dr. Maindl Consulting’s liability is limited to the invoice amount.
- In case the minimum of 2 regular or 3 student/postdoc registrations is not reached, the organizer can choose to cancel the event until 30 days before the course. In that case the invoice amount will be fully refunded.
See what past course participants say…
I’d like to thank you for the training course, also on behalf of the project team. It made a lasting and good impression on all of us. I am convinced that the information we got leaves us well positioned for the further course of our project.
Very nice – looking for future workshops!
Dr. Maindl provided a lot of cases to help me to understand the new language. The most useful thing is that this course provides not only practical modelling, but also the theoretical background of each model. Because of this, I can apply GAMS to my research well. I really appreciate his lecture.
The course was really nice and I had opportunity to learn a lot from this. I learned GAMS for the first time in my life and it is a very powerful tool. I am really thankful for the course.
Thank you so much for the great course, the exercises, … It was indeed very nice!